Job fair reality show?

Trojan

Job fair reality show?

Post by Trojan »

In light of how interesting shadow jacks posts are, it amazes me no one has made a documentary or reality show about the international school job search. Gripping! Even for non teachers.

Exotic locales like Bankok, London, and Boston.
Follow five or six candidates: no experience noob, teaching couple, a silver fox, an admin, someone with too many dependents, someone who hasn't done it in awhile, etc.

The prep. The homework. Selling of houses/not selling houses. The trip to the fair. The drama. The interviews. Late night canoodling, and so on.

Then, see where they end up, maybe do a follow up after a couple months or a year.

"It's gold, Jerry!"
Eden

Post by Eden »

I don't even watch television but would definitely follow that show!
inman

Post by inman »

I agree, a fly on the wall documentary would be very good, especially showing all the highs and lows people go through. The scenes of the hotel bar on the third night or the coffee shop when people have just got the job they wanted, or of course haven't got anything but already quit their current jobs would make for good watching.
btech

Post by btech »

A documentary to be streamed on Netflix would be better.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

I'd also include some rom-com scenes where teachers get hooked up at the fair and eventually get hitched for the envy of those with trailing spouses.
And the title is 'Impossible Hire: Search Protocol.'
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

Can there be an evil villain? or a maverick? Or a rogue? Or a PsyGuy?!
senator

Post by senator »

Are you all serious?

Let's try to keep our profession out of all that Kardashian/Honey Boo Boo/Survivor type reality show garbage.

Seeing someone crying because they did not get an interview at a job fair is the kind of entertainment that is making our students mindless and unfeeling zombies.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

The villain is called 'the choker.' This guy repeatedly refuses interviews to teachers at the fair and goes back to his school empty-handed.

The Board of Governors replace 'the choker' with a new guy named 'Sane' who prefers Skype over fairs and hires all his staff by the end of November.

Fast forward: Year 2018 - no fairs; all associates go back to work as teachers; teachers now interview using their palms as cell phones; teachers read their contracts as 3-d holograms on their iPad-20.

Teachers' teach from the comforts of their living rooms via Teranet, an online collaborative platform and use 'cloud assessment' to grade their students' work and vacation on lunar beaches.
senator

Post by senator »

And that last post is exactly why so many people think teachers are underworked, overpaid, clowns.
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Jokes aside, I actually think this would make a compelling story.

If it has already been done, I'd love to see it.

If not, someone should do it.
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

What's better?

A teacher that doesn't recognize satire or a teacher that shames fun?
liketotravel

Post by liketotravel »

Clapping slowly towards Escapeartists direction.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

If I could play myself, and have Scarlett Johansson and Charlize Theron cast as playing my competing love interests, I could get 'behind' that kind of project.

Would never happen though. IT job fairs arent for teachers they are for ISs and they depend too much on mystery, and insecurity to be effective. They would just be negative PR for the schools and the recruiters would "not participate". They would cite student privacy laws, etc.
The "behind the scenes" fly on the wall stuff would be pretty boring. Its just admins looking at computer screens and shuffling spread sheets and profile windows around. The only really good drama/television would be when a candidate pulled a captain-underpants, and that teacher would never work again.
patienteve

Post by patienteve »

[quote="senator"]Are you all serious?

Let's try to keep our profession out of all that Kardashian/Honey Boo Boo/Survivor type reality show garbage.

Seeing someone crying because they did not get an interview at a job fair is the kind of entertainment that is making our students mindless and unfeeling zombies.[/quote]

I totally agree with you, senator :roll: