Big hand for Shadowjack

inman

Big hand for Shadowjack

Post by inman »

For anyone that's had the pleasure of following Shadowjack's day by day, blow by blow account of the Bangkok job fair I'm sure you'll agree that it has provided quality reading. I have even found myself logging in this evening especially looking forward to reading the post and seeing the updates/progress, hoping for a happy ending just like in a story. I have no idea who this guy is, but I think of this site as being there to support the community of international school teachers and the account provided of the Bangkok fair has been a great example of how that can be achieved. In fact, I think ISR should even consider keeping the posts accessible on the main site page just so people don't have to go searching for advice of exactly what fairs are like and can go straight to the thread. So much the information is in his posts.

Anyway, Shadowjack, thank you for your extremely informative posts and I really do hope you and Mrs. Shadowjack find what you're looking for.

Good luck and all the best,

Inman.
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

I agree with Inman's suggestion to keep Shadowjack's post up with a sticky if the gods of ISR are listening.

I just thought his posts were well written too, especially considering they came following a grueling day of fair attendance.

Shadowjack, good luck with your search.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Thank you both. I am writing the posts so that people like me (who have never been to a fair) can get a sense of what it is like and what to consider.

After today's posting (which might be late as we fly today), I will do a recap and post-- to see what I might have done differently.

Off to wake up Mrs. Shadowjack and get ready for breakfast!
CDNTEACH

Post by CDNTEACH »

Thank you for the writing Shadowjack. As someone who is hungry for knowledge on the hiring process - this rocks my world.
sangster2

Post by sangster2 »

Keep those posts coming. They are appreciated.

I have been to fairs before and would not have been able to give such good reports after the long and emotion filled days.

Thank you.
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

*applause*
pencil

Post by pencil »

Mr. and Mrs. Shadowjack,
Thank you so much for your generous gift of day-by-day recounts of the BKK fair. I am about to brave the waters of the USA fair circuit by attending two upcoming fairs. Your transparent reporting has been a gift to this community of soon-to-be international educators. Thank you.
MHunt

Thank you

Post by MHunt »

Thank you for all the information on the Bangkok fair. A very interesting read.