BIS Canada - Korea

CDNTEACH

BIS Canada - Korea

Post by CDNTEACH »

Hi all -

There was a previous post about this school but didn't get much action. Any information on this school? What is it like living in Bundang? Korea impressions?

(A BC offshore school - canadian)

Thx!
CDNTEACH

Post by CDNTEACH »

Anyone??? :D :D :D :D
westcoaster

Post by westcoaster »

I had an interview with them once. It sounded like a good place to work at. I think they are interested in either single teachers or couple teachers (which I fit in neither category). I noticed that they have a new principal and do not state their starting salary on their website like they did before under the old principal. I can't offer an opinion about whether it is a good school or not but Bundang is a good area in Seoul to live in. There are lots of western ammenities so it is not a hardship to live there and it is right on a subway line.

You would need a BC teaching certification to teach there. So, if you have a teaching qualification in another province, I would see about applying for your BC certification.
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

If you are BC certified and interested in this school, I would contact them very soon. I believe they they are doing preliminary interviews in BC in the next couple of weeks.
CDNTEACH

Post by CDNTEACH »

Thank you to both of you - I am certified in 2 provinces - BC is one of them.

@Westcoaster Do you remember roughly what the salary was? Range?
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

I don't know about next year, but this year, four years experience with five years at university would get you $45,000 tax free plus flights, accom. and insurance.
westcoaster

Post by westcoaster »

I remember that the salary was listed as $44,000 Canadian. That was two years ago so my memory could be faulty. :) But I do also recall that the salary listed was close to the starting salary in many districts in BC ($45,000- 47,000).
CDNTEACH

Post by CDNTEACH »

Thank you both. It is on my list for sure!!!
westcoaster

Post by westcoaster »

CDNTEACH- I found this ad on the UBC Education website. I thought you might be interested in it.

http://www.ubc.ca/okanagan/education/un ... b34737.pdf
CDNTEACH

Post by CDNTEACH »

Thanks - have sent in an application! Crossing fingers! I found 2 other BC schools in Korea but the info on them is sparse!