Good Luck in Bangkok

PsyGuy

Good Luck in Bangkok

Post by PsyGuy »

Ugh, Bangkok is hot, either that or Im not used to the heat (more like the humidity) anymore.

Good luck to everyone at the fair.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Good Luck in Bangkok

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="PsyGuy"]Ugh, Bangkok is hot, either that or Im not used to the heat (more like the humidity) anymore.

Good luck to everyone at the fair.[/quote]
------------------------------------------------
To anyone in BKK, make sure you eat at the restaurant (Thai, duh) right around the corner from the host hotel (NOT the direction towards the mall side).

I know BKK has a lot of great restaurants, but that food was the best Thai we've ever had. Almost made up for our last fair experience. :(
sangster2

Post by sangster2 »

Also eat across the road at the stalls, the food is cheap and they have menus in English. Good luck to everyone at the fair.

Just leave a job for me when I go to the London fair please.

Psyguy, are you looking for a new job or interviewing?
DCgirl

Post by DCgirl »

Thanks for the restaurant tips. I will definitely try them out. Keep the information flowing.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@sangster2

Yeah i kind of have too, there are just too many DoDDS teachers being displaced. Even if your not in the EUR, PAC is going to be absorbing a lot of the displaced teachers. I teach in a very niche area, there arent any local hires to absorb the cushion in my subject and even though I have other qualification areas which i could move into, probationary teachers are the easiest and first to go. Last in first out and all. Im not going to find out until summer if i have a job or not,so i need a backup plan and school, and summer will be too late to find anything decent.

Second tier EU schools are my target. I dont want to break a contract and burn a bridge with a top tier school if i dont have to.
I had 6 interviews before arriving and got 4 more at signup. Had 9 interviews so far, 1 more tomorrow (no reason to go though), then Im flying back.
Walter

Dave, I love you!

Post by Walter »

Oh what a surprise...another one year job to add to your resume. And you're the one who's always talking about the importance of brevity in a cv. Before an administrator has finished reading the list of schools you've worked at, she'll have died of old age!
And we both know you're not at ISS, so which fair have you been attending? Certainly not SEARCH, which starts next week (and where your information can no longer be found).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20756247
Try the link above. It refers to an interesting study about the narcissistic personality. As a pseudo-psychologist, it may interest you.
I like this section:
The narcissists described by Twenge and Campbell are often outwardly charming and charismatic. They find it easy to start relationships and have more confidence socially and in job interviews. Yet their prognosis is not good.

"In the long-term, what tends to happen is that narcissistic people mess up their relationships, at home and at work," says Twenge.

"Narcissists may say all the right things but their actions eventually reveal them to be self-serving.

As for the narcissists themselves, it often not until middle age that they notice their life has been marked by an unusual number of failed relationships."

Please tell me if you are going to attend a fair. I can't wait!
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

You dont know what you think you know.

Im a full, registered member of Search and ISS.

You really shouldnt attempt self diagnosis or treatment, and should seek professional consultation and help for your iconcerns.