ASF Monterrey

WiscoKid

Post by WiscoKid »

@ready2go

The interviews were within a couple of days of eachother.
ready2go

Post by ready2go »

@WiscoKid: Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get a time frame as they have positions that I could fit into. It wasn't my top choice either, but after doing a little reading I think it sounds cool.
Alexandru

Post by Alexandru »

Sorry I've been MIA. I'm not sure how much they pay. I'm sure it's the best in Monterrey, though. I would actually be curious as to how much they offer you. Good luck with everything!
Alexandru

Post by Alexandru »

I did a Google search and found this post. Not sure how reliable it is.

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... merica+top
WiscoKid

Post by WiscoKid »

I would be curious as to what "tier" this school falls into. I hear that the school is one of the best in Mexico/Central/South America. I think that the package is competitive, but not top of the line. I did hear they have some bonuses at the end of the year to make it more attractive. Saving is important, but so to is teaching at a great school. It is an area we didn't really consider early on, but the more I learn the more I like the school and area.
ready2go

Post by ready2go »

@Wiscokid: Did they give you any info about their benefits package in the interview you had with them?
WiscoKid

Post by WiscoKid »

They have a housing allowance, annual flights home, tuition assistance and some bonuses built in annually to offset costs (food and such).
ready2go

Post by ready2go »

And some sort of healthcare coverage? Most do so I'd assume they do too.
So what makes it not top tier (at least for the region)? Is the salary super low?
WiscoKid

Post by WiscoKid »

I am not sure what tier they would fit into. I know the initial salary seems a little low, but they have "bonuses" that help make up the shortfall.
ready2go

Post by ready2go »

How Low is low? I haven't seen anything to say where they are for salary at all except that I too had heard that it was low compared to others, but what does that mean really?
WiscoKid

Post by WiscoKid »

It says their salary range is $35 - $52K. I think this includes everything they offer, so the actual salary part of it must be low.
Alexandru

Post by Alexandru »

That number sounds about right for international schools in Mexico.