APIS Chiang Mai

Helen Back

APIS Chiang Mai

Post by Helen Back »

Any thoughts on this school for a family of four (two teachers)? Salary? Package? Quality of life outside school? Reviews are a bit out of date. Elementary looks better than secondary.
pacificsurf619

Post by pacificsurf619 »

Its a nice school up in the mountains. Beautiful campus and quite secluded. It takes 20+ minutes to get down off the mountain and about 40+ (depending on traffic) to get into town. If you wouldn't mind being secluded more of less in the mountains and enjoy the outdoors I bet you would really like it.

Very safe and family friendly and the school is a good school so I think your kids would do very well.

As far as living, two salaries would do quite well. I would assume 50-60K baht a month so two salaries would be 100-120K a month which would do very well in Chiang Mai. Thai food is great and very inexpensive and there it is also a family friendly city. Population is expanding rapidly and there will be 9 (NINE) new shopping malls built in the next 2 years so there will always be new development.

Outdoor life is wonderful in Chiang Mai and it offers ample amount of traveling opportunities around Thailand for very cheap.

Best of luck!
greencattis

Post by greencattis »

Don't know much about the school but Chiang Mai is a great place to live. I always felt very safe there, even when walking by myself at night. Very family friendly and cheap. You can eat out for £1 / $2 each at local Thai places but there are also lots of restaurants and shops catering for expats and tourists. Gorgeous countryside all around, easy to get to Bangkok or anywhere else. 60k baht each would be ample if accommodation is included.