Colegio Nuevo Grenada in Colombia

PsychBean

Colegio Nuevo Grenada in Colombia

Post by PsychBean »

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience at this school? Also living accommodations and what city expats live? Any info first hand would be appreciate!

Thank you!

Seasons greetings!!!
inmortus

Post by inmortus »

It's a high end, private, American school in Bogota. I worked at a different school for a while but have friends who worked there. The school has been around for a while. It's more a bilingual school (and really run like an American school) than an International school. There are many expats in Bogota (working at that school, Nogales, Anglo Colombiano, English school, Victoria school, just to name a few). Whether it pays more or less than the others, I have no idea but if you are in Search or ISS I suppose you could compare. Geographically speaking, it is located in a very upscale neighborhood in Bogota.

Hope this helps.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="inmortus"]It's a high end, private, American school in Bogota. I worked at a different school for a while but have friends who worked there. The school has been around for a while. It's more a bilingual school (and really run like an American school) than an International school. There are many expats in Bogota (working at that school, Nogales, Anglo Colombiano, English school, Victoria school, just to name a few). Whether it pays more or less than the others, I have no idea but if you are in Search or ISS I suppose you could compare. Geographically speaking, it is located in a very upscale neighborhood in Bogota.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thank you any info helps? What's the housing like for expats if you know and how is it for American kids integrating there? Do they give housing or a stipend? Just curious...

Thanks again!
inmortus

Post by inmortus »

I don't know much about that to be honest. I actually just noticed you had previously asked about Anglo and I can tell you (which should be similar I guess) expats at the Anglo are paid enough to afford rent in a good (not great but absolutely good) apartments, and live quite comfortably (many expats eat out in good restaurants A LOT, . a lot and travel a lot). Regarding Nueva Granada: a lot of the children at that school are sons and daughters of expats, diplomats, etc... There are many Colombians there as well, but it has a way more American school feel than any of the other schools in Colombia...

Whether they get a stipend for starting up, how much for rent, etc. (at the Nueva Granada), I don't really know....
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="inmortus"]I don't know much about that to be honest. I actually just noticed you had previously asked about Anglo and I can tell you (which should be similar I guess) expats at the Anglo are paid enough to afford rent in a good (not great but absolutely good) apartments, and live quite comfortably (many expats eat out in good restaurants A LOT, . a lot and travel a lot). Regarding Nueva Granada: a lot of the children at that school are sons and daughters of expats, diplomats, etc... There are many Colombians there as well, but it has a way more American school feel than any of the other schools in Colombia...

Whether they get a stipend for starting up, how much for rent, etc. (at the Nueva Granada), I don't really know....[/quote]

Thank you for info!