Léman International School

Speculative Bubble

Léman International School

Post by Speculative Bubble »

Schools are popping up in China all over the place and ISR probably has a hard time keeping track of them. Now on Search this Léman International School popped up. Has anyone heard of this? I'd be grateful for some reviews.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

There is one review from last school year on the paid part of this site. A mixed review I would say. Lots of potential, but a mismanaged school. Things like housing, salary, city activities, etc. get low numbers.

I have NO personal experience with the school. Just summarizing what I read in the review.
lennoc

Post by lennoc »

I'd agree. The review is mixed which makes it believable. To me it looks like a standard school going through growing pains.

I've spoken with them at length and I think it could be a good place to work if you are realistic about both living in China and in working in a young, growing, school.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

Lennoc, did you talk to them because you're thinking of working there or some other reason?

I'm curious because they have dream positions for both me and my wife. We applied but haven't heard anything yet and we're not going to the job fair. We were hoping to land positions via Skype and thought a small, developing school like this would be just the ticket since they can't really compete with the big schools that will recruit in Bangkok.
lennoc

Post by lennoc »

Yes I talked to them because I'm considering them (and they me).

I did one Skype interview, have another planned and then will meet them at the job fair.

They only just got back to me a couple of days ago despite me initially exchanging emails with them a few weeks back. I think they're a bit swamped. I also think that you might not hear until after the fair since if they're spending all the time/money to go there they'll want to see what's on offer there before they make other offers.
lennoc

Post by lennoc »

Just to add I agree with you that Bangkok will be a stretch for them - I'm only interested because it's an admin job. So maybe shoot them another email early in the new year (before the fair) reminding them of what a great fit you'd be and telling them you'd love to do a Skype interview.

Good luck.