Spirit of adventure

sangster2

Spirit of adventure

Post by sangster2 »

When I got my first IS job, I interviewed one week and was there the next. I didn't know to even think about what could go wrong. I was young and naive and I wanted an adventure. I probably won't do that if I had had all this information we have today and would have missed out.

Now I am looking for a job again and I am reading everything I can find on schools and countries before I even apply. Have I lost my spirit of adventure? How about you?
lennoc

Post by lennoc »

I don't think being informed means you've lost your spirit of adventure. I love contemplating all the different adventures I could have. It's settling on just one I struggle with.
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

I agree. I've been doing all this research and picturing myself in a million different places. In some ways, I'm expecting a bit of a letdown once I know where I'm going because right now I can picture myself anywhere in the world and that point, it will be only one. That said, ready to know where I'm going.
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

I find that my family circumstances have changed and therefore my priorities have changed. While I would really like to leave my current school the financial benefits are so great that I am staying for at least one more year. I am hoping that my spirit of adventure hasn't left me, that its simply being redirected.
sangster2

Post by sangster2 »

Thanks for your replies.

I get excited and scared when I picture myself in any country I care to imagine. Today it's Thailand, tomorrow its Portugal. Then before the job fair it gets narrowed down until it will be only one. Still exciting but not as exciting as before when there seemed to be all these options. I think that is part of the fun of moving on, not knowing where you're going to end up.