Bermuda

sangster2

Bermuda

Post by sangster2 »

Anyone been to Bermuda?

There are jobs being advertised at Saltus Grammar School and I am thinking about applying. The cost of living there is very high and I don't know what the package is at that school.

Read the review which was good but it was recently added so I don't know if it was written by admin or not, with recruitment season in mind.

Thank you.
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

Go to this link and read. This will give you some perspective.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/201 ... news05&amp
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Dont actually know the school. As far as Bermuda goes youd have to be a total beach bumm and lover to do it. The cost of living is very high, there are significant criminal and safety issues. The Bermuda you see in tourist areas and resorts are very different outside of those complexs. You will be living pay check to pay check for any semblance of a western lifestyle, and really being int he tropics would be the only brite part of your day. There are better places, like Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines if you want to live the island life.
sangster2

Post by sangster2 »

I am an island person so I'd be okay with the lifestyle.

The article is from 2010 so what are things like now? Staff moral?

What is the typical salary? I saw something which said it ranged from 80,000 - 92,000 US with about 15% social security. Is that true? I would think 2 people on that salary would be able to live well?

Singapore may be an island but island life it is not. You'd probably have to be teaching in Bali not Jakarta to get an island experience in Indonesia and the beaches there are not very nice. Maybe the Philippines, I haven't been there. Unfortunately there has to be a school with a job before I can set off or I would be living in the South Pacific right now.