Thrilled ! Thanks to Search...

txteach

Thrilled ! Thanks to Search...

Post by txteach »

I signed a contract a few days ago.. this will be my very first experience with international teaching, and I am headed to Asia at the end of July.

I wanted to share that the school contacted me via my Search profile, so those of you on the fence about whether or not to use a recruiting agency could take this instance as an example of how extremely beneficial it can be. Left to my own devices, I would not have even considered this school or this region, and now I am beyond delighted.

The fee I paid was clearly worth it!

(and those of you on the Cambridge wait list, I'm sure I'm not the only one cancelling my reservation).
Yantantether

Post by Yantantether »

Congratulations!

Where are you heading? Hopefully it will be a great exp. for you.

Would you care to share, what you think it was about your profile that attracted them? - just curious as its your first int. position.

Good luck and enjoy.
txteach

Post by txteach »

I would say the biggest attractant is likely my experience teaching secondary math including all the AP maths and they are an AP school, not an IB school.

The reason why I'm so glad I used Search is because I was setting myself up to be an AP peg trying to fit into an IB hole. I wasn't seeing all of the AP curriculum schools and was limiting my search too much, but being in the databank let the right school find me. Instead of being someone with no IB experience worrying about what I was missing, I'm going somewhere that needs my particular experience.

I hope that's helpful!
senator

Post by senator »

WHERE ARE YOU HEADING?

Come on, man, just tell us the school.
txteach

Post by txteach »

Shanghai! That's as much info as I'll give... I don't want anyone to be interviewing with the same school and worry that I've heard and they haven't, or that I got the job they wanted because there are more positions in the same department, etc. etc.