Interview request...

cdn

Interview request...

Post by cdn »

My wife and I were contacted by a top school requesting an interview. We sent them back an email saying that we were still interested (they asked) and we gave them our availability for a Skype meeting (pretty open). That was several days ago, and we have yet to hear anything else. Is this common? I'm sure they are very busy people, but we are getting anxious (we would love to work there).
inman

Post by inman »

In my opinion it doesn't hurt to shoot them a short e-mail saying that you're excited by the opportunity but are concerned that you haven't heard anything. Perhaps you could ask them to confirm a time to meet. The anxious waiting feels torturous though doesn't it?

Best of Luck.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Please understand that its the holiday/winter break and most admins are checking out and wrapping up end of term business. The top tier schools going to BKK already have their short, short lists done. If you didnt hear back from them, you probably missed the window and they moved someone else up the list.
cdn

Re: Reply

Post by cdn »

[quote="PsyGuy"] If you didnt hear back from them, you probably missed the window and they moved someone else up the list.[/quote]

Honestly, I can't believe that part to be true. It was literally an hour after they sent the request e-mail that I responded.
cdn

Post by cdn »

Inman. That's for the tips. Despite it being the weekend, I might send an email off today.
albert49

Post by albert49 »

I'd advise just hanging on for awhile. Schools are either in their last week or already closed. If they contacted you, they'll most likely get back to you. Our recruitment is in suspension for a week or so . . . hang in there.
cdn

Post by cdn »

Thanks for the reassurance Albert.