Do you include an ed. philosophy statement in your CV/Res?

Yantantether

Do you include an ed. philosophy statement in your CV/Res?

Post by Yantantether »

Good day to you all,

Just reading some recommendations on a teacher recruitment site and they indicate to include this. I don't tend to unless specifically asked for.
What about others?

Also noticed that they include a section about your curriculum experience. I mention this in my cover letter but I don't have a specific section on my CV, I guess partly down to keeping it to 2 pages. (I obviously have a section on teaching exp).

Thoughts..............

Oh also, I include details of two previous non-teaching (though involved with children in a non-formal education aspect) positions. This tells them more about',me' and indicate why I went into teaching. Should I remove these to make room for the other sections mentioned?

Thanks.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

A teaching statement/education philosophy should be part of your resume. You would need 1/2 -1 page to do it right. Thee isnt room for that in a resume. You should have one as a separate document. Send it only if the school asks for on (ALWAYS FOLLOW THE SCHOOLS DIRECTIONS). It would be appropriate for your cover letter to include aspects of your educational philosophy.

Unless your applying for a curriculum position (IB/DP/MYP/PYP coordinator, Academic coordinator, etc) or a leadership position, I wouldn't include a curriculum experience that would be typical for a teaching position. Of course if your background or your position was a curriculum position then of course include it on your resume.

How old are these other non teaching positions? If they were recent you dont want a hole in your resume, if they are what you did before becoming a teacher (unless it was again very recent) then recruiters dont care. The only experiences that recruiters really care about is your teaching/education/administration experience.