How many interviews are usually expected?

txteach

How many interviews are usually expected?

Post by txteach »

I have a skype interview scheduled with a school this week, and am wondering, generally, how many times should I expect to interview with any school before a decision is made? For those of you who have been through this process, what is the usual pattern or number of interviews?

Thanks so much for any inputs or anecdotes...
Glerky

Post by Glerky »

I got my last job through Skype and they only interviewed me once. I had a friend interviewing at two of the big Asian school last week and he did 3 skype interviews at one school and 4 at another.
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

For the job we ended up accepting, we had one (quite long) interview and then several follow up emails. We had an offer from another school after one interview, we had done two interviews with one school and they were going to follow it up with a third before we ended the process (as we had accepted the other job), and we had done two interviews with another school (and were not offered jobs).
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

For top tier/elite schools you should expect 2 interviews, for the tier 2 schools one interview is standard.
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

I had two interviews before being offered a job with a school in Asia. The first was with the head of the upper school/high school principal and the second was with the director/superintendent.

I'd say both interviews went between 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours.