International School Riau

Erik2012

International School Riau

Post by Erik2012 »

I just getting back into teaching overseas and woner if anyone has any information on the International School of Riau. How rural is it?
This time around I am married with two kids
Thanks in advance! :)
Gipper

Post by Gipper »

Well the drive from Pekanbaru maybe kind of rural, but the Chevron-built camp is a little town that is clean, safe and full of expats.
Erik2012

IS Riau

Post by Erik2012 »

Hey Gipper,

thanks. Is there much for a family to do there? How far away is the big city?
Gipper

Post by Gipper »

I do know there are lots of families in camp, so lots of family-related activities are always going on for young children. Teenagers will not find it nearly as exciting. And on long weekends many go to Kuala Lumpur.
Erik2012

RIau

Post by Erik2012 »

Thanks again Gipper,

Did you work there, or do you know anyone there who might answer questions? Our kids are preschool age, so they can have fun anywhere.
E
Gipper

Post by Gipper »

I haven't been or worked there. I was pretty much like you a few years ago, trying to gather as much information as possible for some tentative openings. Here is a good site to get a lay of the land. If you use the dated index to the right and scroll through beginning in January 2009 you will see lots of pictures and get a sense of what life is like on the camp and what you can do with vacation time. Good luck. http://welcome2ourjungle.blogspot.ca/20 ... chive.html
vincentchase

Post by vincentchase »

It seems this school only hires through ISS. Does anyone know if it's possible to apply to this school and Pasir Ridge without being a member of ISS?
Gipper

Post by Gipper »

Quite sure you have to be ISS.