PsyGuy!

FutureTeacher33

PsyGuy!

Post by FutureTeacher33 »

Hey! I haven't been here in a while. Just wanted to come back and thank you again for your help! Also, I wanted to give you an update. This semester is coming to a close and I have maintained A's in my classes, including French. I am very happy about that!

I have also decided that I would like to move forward with opening a bilingual French/English school. I am very excited and eager to get started. Something I've been battling with is should I get started on my school now or is it a requirement that I need a degree? It will be a private school, starting out for grades K-3 grade (I may possibly consider adding a Pre-K, I am not yet sure though. But I definitely know I want the school to focus on teaching gardening, musical instruments, and cooking classes). What do you think about me starting the school now without a degree? (I know I have heard stories about parents starting their own school, but not sure if they had a degree or not :/)

Also, it looks very expensive to start a school. Do you have any good ideas about where I can begin to look to receive funding/grants?

Thanks again for all of your help! I'm really excited!
FutureTeacher33

Post by FutureTeacher33 »

Another thing- my city has been without any sort of a bilingual school for all of my life, until recently! I just found out that there is a French bilingual school that just opened in my city, but it's very small. Do you think it'd be wise to continue with this type of school?