Yangon Academy-PSY Guy

Roberto

ISR is for teachers

Post by Roberto »

I thought ISR was a site for teachers? Sounds like a bunch of administrators trying to blow their own horns. Pretty uncool dialogue. Psych guy talks a lot of malarkey but I think his intention is to be blatantly truthful. Blogging allows for this. A free flow of information and dialogue.(I wonder why he is so into this site and perhaps he could focus more on his mental and physical health rather than spanking all day on this site.) However, he is clearly pro-teacher unlike many administrators who are on this site for reasons that may or may not be on the up and up. This is a site for teachers to protect themselves from BS administrators. Since we dont have a union or rights under the law in many cases, we are wide open to numerous abuses by unscrupulous administrators who would never make it in their home countries and would maybe be in jail some of them.
joethelion

Post by joethelion »

Oh, bookshelf Amy--you must be very careful about ISM. Nice kids and Yangon is good (though prices are way up and traffic gets bad). The school used to have promise. But it a crazy for profit atmosphere and the director tom Eggerton--well, the big question on campus is whether he is more lazy or more stupid or more unethical.

You must seriously read some ISR reviews. Never trust one or two ISR reviews. But there is so much on this guy.

Can you tell me more about living in Yangon? The husband and I have an interview with ISM coming up, and I'm a bit nervous. We've lived in developing (and corrupt) countries before, and I understand that the safety warnings issued by the US government are intentionally over-cautious. What is it like to live there? Husband specifically wants to know about Internet access.

To be honest, while I'm excited by the opportunity, ISM is not the kind of school we expected to end up at. We were under the impression that we were fairly competitive for newbies (no dependents, Science/Math & Elementary/Middle/Library), but we haven't gotten a single nibble except for this one. When our Search Associate put us on the waiting list for Cambridge and invited us to SF instead, I decided we'd better broaden our net a bit. :)

We'd love to know any information/opinions you can offer on lifestyle, culture, food, safety, school... whatever.[/quote]
Arctic

Re: Yangon Academy-PSY Guy

Post by Arctic »

Hi
I just recently applied to yangon academy, there are no reviews in the paid section and little much a=else on google, has anyone got any recent info on it please. I saw this post, but is from 2012, and it goes off topic somewhat!
thanks