NIST

sangster2

NIST

Post by sangster2 »

Any information on New International School, Bangkok? I know you have to work hard but is it a good atmosphere and do people have time for a social life?
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

NIST is considered top tier. I spoke with a teacher a few months ago who left my current school to work at NIST and she was very happy. It's an IB school throughout, so I imagine the workload is pretty intense, but that seems to be the case at most schools. One of my top choices, I just wish it wasn't so damn competitive...
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

My top choice. Definitely top-tier, IB school. I spoke to one of the admins at the fair and he said they were only interviewing people with a minimum of 6 years of IB experience and proven IB test results.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

What a school "wants" doesnt mean they get it. Many schools think they are the best and their "standards" are just a way of appearing more exclusive then they are.

They are a good second tier school, based on their short existence so far. ISB and Patanya are the top tier schools.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Define short existence? The school has been going since 1993...
Walter

Please

Post by Walter »

Don't confuse dave jaw by asking him to provide a rationale for his blurts.
I think most educators would agree that there are three really good schools in Bangkok: ISB; Patana and NIST.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

ISbs been around 50+ years, NIST has been in inception since 93, but they did a major restructuring recently. Its not fair to call them the same school (why they think their the most established IB school in BKK, I dont agree with. Patana is far superior.)

I think NIST is a good school as well, never claimed they weren't, but of that trinity (ISB, Patanya, NIST) they are third, puts them near the top of the second tier.
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

I would definitely place them in top tier, although the bottom of the 3. They still have an excellent package and salary. They are nowhere near the 2nd tier international schools in Bangkok, though.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Wrong...no major restructuring, just new buildings and redevelopment of old buildings.