Shanghai

sangster2

Shanghai

Post by sangster2 »

Any information on Shanghai Community International School? Lots of vacancies, why is that?
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

I believe they have 3 schools that are hiring under that 1 parent company so it looks worse than it is. The reviews are extremely bipolar and I'm not sure I trust any of them. Here's a previous thread on them: http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... t=shanghai
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

I've had friends work at Hangzhou International School and Shanghai Community International School. They were generally happy at both places. However, it's been a good 8 years since I knew people at SCIS.

SCIS' payscale is lower than most of the other legitimate international schools in Shanghai. And Shanghai is a fun city, but it's easy to burn through money there too. Their payscale would go a lot further in Hangzhou.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

They are going through some changes after restructuring. Some economic reasons as well, have to do with taxes and cost of living increasing.

Its a top third tier (if there is such a thing) or low tier 2 school. It gets you to Shanghai, which is a fun place to live.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

They are going through some changes after restructuring. Some economic reasons as well, have to do with taxes and cost of living increasing.

Its a top third tier (if there is such a thing) or low tier 2 school. It gets you to Shanghai, which is a fun place to live.