Posting Reviews of small schools

Lagringa

Posting Reviews of small schools

Post by Lagringa »

Okay, well I drafted a review of my school weeks ago, but have been hesitant to post it because I realized I'm worried that admin would easily be able to figure out who wrote it. This is the problem of being at a small school - it's harder to "hide" and "blend in." I feel I've been very objective, and I also don't feel that it's a very negative review at all, actually. I've also tried to be general and not give any obvious clues about my position at the school, but I still find myself reluctant to post it. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm wondering if there are lots of small schools out there without recent evaluations because of this reason.
Fstop

Post by Fstop »

^Are you at my school? Ha ha. I work in a small school and a few reviews were posted last year - it was quite fun to try and figure out who posted them; kind of a little game we played.

How small is your school? If there are only 10 teachers there then yeah, I'd be reluctant too. Also if you're a native speaker, that will narrow it down even more.
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

My approach would probably be to write in the style of somebody who had crossed me :-) For example, I had a particularly awful coworker who would say "in reference to" every other sentence. I would write something along the lines of, "The administration is terrible in reference to their mind-boggling incompetence." Even if you're not sinister like me, if you plan to post the review, I would put in some common grammatical or spelling errors that you don't ever make. Use your creativity. It can be done.
PsyGuy

Advice

Post by PsyGuy »

Just dont include anything in the review that would be indicative of you, keeping things generic and avoiding specifics will help keep you anonymous.