Unethical, a bit shady or perfectly ok?

Danda

Unethical, a bit shady or perfectly ok?

Post by Danda »

Edited
Last edited by Danda on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

Normal for China. I'm sure that worse things happen.
dantespal

you shouldn't have to reply

Post by dantespal »

My feeling is that a school that is strong shouldn't need to address this stuff unless parents go to admin and ask. If the first school is doing everything right, then people wouldn't consider jumping ship.

If I was happy with everything about the school my kids were attending, including value, I wouldn't pay any attention. If I wasn't thrilled about my school, I'd listen to the new school.

From my experiences and those that friends have conveyed, this happens all of the time in Asia.
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

Danda, I know which school you're at, and even though the admins at the other school are acting like the lowlifes they are, I don't think you/your school has anything to worry about.

Is the new school some Chinese start up masquerading as an international school? Non-Chinese parents won't be impressed. Are all the teachers certified? Is the school even accredited? All things that parents looking to send their children to decent universities are going to consider, and it doesn't sound like this school would have any of those things.

Anyway, the school you're at has a decent reputation. There are schools in my area that have tried similar tactics. Those schools are considered jokes and ours is the fastest growing school in town. I think you'll be okay.