Singapore American School Application Requirements

Autumn

Singapore American School Application Requirements

Post by Autumn »

Online applicants are required to:

"upload an ID sized photo and their academic records on the second page of the application process. If you are applying for a teaching position, you must upload your teaching licensure as well."

My question is what academic records? HS, BA, MA all of those? Is this an odd request, I dont think I have come accross this before.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Certainly BA and MA. Not HS. I do remember applying for some positions via Search, then being required to apply through the school's Web site as well.
Autumn

Transctipts

Post by Autumn »

Sorry to ask but [i]academic records[/i] means-[i]transcripts[/i]?
hallier

Re: Transctipts

Post by hallier »

[quote="Autumn"]Sorry to ask but [i]academic records[/i] means-[i]transcripts[/i]?[/quote]

Yes. The college transcript should verify your degree. Good luck with your application.
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

In relation to the teaching licensure, I heard from one on their counselors that Singapore recently changed (perhaps a year or two ago?) their visa requirements. All foreign teachers need to have current licensure to work there. In fact, some very experienced teachers were told they would have to be laid off if they didn't get valid teaching licenses as some had let their licenses expire.

Good reason to make sure one keeps their licensure/credential up-to-date.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

It means transcripts in the case of SAS, and they want college transcripts in which you were awarded a degree.

At some schools, and more common they want a copy of your actual degree/scroll/diploma uploaded. Depending on the school and region, you may have to have your degrees apostilled.