London or Cambridge?

Hootie

London or Cambridge?

Post by Hootie »

I am registered with Search Associates and have requested and received invitations to London and Cambridge. I am just not sure which one I should attend. Can anyone give me some insight?

My background is that I have 10 years teaching experience(8 years in the states/ 2 years internationally) I can teach middle school English/Social Studies/ Humanities. I do not have MYP experience but am happy and willing to learn. Although currently in South America, I would like to go to Europe or Asia next.

Any advice you can give, I would appreciate! Thanks!!!
DCgirl

Post by DCgirl »

Because you have international experience and years under your belt, I think you should go to London. It's earlier than Cambridge, has many more European schools and plenty of Asian schools. You want to get seen as early as possible.

If MYP is going to be a factor in your hiring, it will be an issue at both of the fairs. My school is IB World but will hire qualified teachers without prior IB experience. They're going to London but not Cambridge.
PsyGuy

Advice

Post by PsyGuy »

If you want t go to Europe you need to go to London. a bridge has only a couple European schools and they're the lower tier schools. They also have very long lines. London would be a better option for you. I think if Asia is really an option for you though the Cambridge fair will be much more productive and successful for you. You have experience and IS experience but nothing else, and your field isn't in very high demand, your likely to leave London frustrated.