QSI Application

IAMBOG

QSI Application

Post by IAMBOG »

Sent off the applications a few days ago. What happens now? We're in North Africa. Do their job fairs pass through this way? We're not really in a position to travel to them.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

You wait. If they are interested in you QSI will do a Skype interview with you, if you do not plan or won't attend one of the agency recruitment fairs. Though a in person interview is likely to increase your probability of being hired.
teacherguy

Post by teacherguy »

The owner, and one of his recruiter buddies travel around the U.S. extensively doing interviews of potential candidates. I assume they still do this anyway. If you live in or near a major city odds are good Jim will be there at some point in the late winter or spring. (If memory serves.) With me they let me know via email when they'd be in town and asked me to come to their hotel for an interview.

This happened several months after I sent in my application. It was maybe four years ago. I interviewed, but turned down their job offer. The next year when they were on their way through town they contacted me again. I didn't interview that time as I'd taken a job. Just a few months ago I got a call from someone from QSI asking if I'd be interested in a sudden opening.

So... Odds are good they'll get a hold of you if there's interest. Odds are also good they'll be near you at some point. Assuming you live near a big city. Finally, if Jim likes you you'll be on his radar even if you don't accept an offer right away.
micki0624

Post by micki0624 »

My husband and I sent off our applications and were contacted in less than a day. They told us they would be in our city this winter and would start contacting our references within the week and had asked for our references mobile numbers as well as work numbers. It has been close to 3 weeks and they haven't contacted a single reference.

I know it's quite early in the season, but I am wondering when they will contact anyone?
PsyGuy

Question

Post by PsyGuy »

Sounds like a form response, or the typical follow up you get. When schools really want you, they want you and everything moves fast.
Gereja

December 1st

Post by Gereja »

Intent forms are due December 1st. I imagine QSI headquarters will have a better idea about positions to fill soon after.