Questions about experience and qualifications. Advice?

PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@inman

Its just one example, schools from 1st tier all the way down to 3rd tier do it occasionally. ESOL is the department they put someone when they have to put someone somewhere. A trailing spouse that "has to" have a job to get the teacher they want. A part time position that they need to make full time (a .8 drama teacher, with the other .2 in ESL). I dont want to paint all admins at real ISs with the same brush, or lump them ALL in the same basket there are those that really do see ESOL as being an important.

@Walter

Walter as usual you dont know what you think you know, and your dramatics are as usual just more misinformation. I never used the term despise, and you certainly cant know what every admin everywhere "thinks".
POlson

Post by POlson »

Thanks everyone for the input. I think through the discussion I have been able to see both sides of the story and have thus been able to realize that I am on the right track. As of now, I'll just learn as much as I can and try to develop my skills to be the teacher that I strive to be and when the time comes for me to start applying to International schools my experience and teaching capabilities will speak for itself. Thanks again.