Colegio Anglo Colombiano, Bogota

BobbyBamboo

Colegio Anglo Colombiano, Bogota

Post by BobbyBamboo »

Does anybody know anything about this school? There's no reviews on the paid side and doesn't seem to have been mentioned in a forum search.
sangster2

Post by sangster2 »

I have friends who have taught there and some who are still there. They seem to like it. I would go there if there was a job for me.

The pay is good in relation to the cost of living.
BobbyBamboo

Post by BobbyBamboo »

Thanks for the info Sangster2
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Not a lot of savings potential. The money is okay provided you can live on the economy, dont have outside financial obligations, dont have large saving/travel plans. I wouldn't go there, not really a place in the world I want to be. BUT for the record, they do have the second most beautiful woman in S/C America.
PsychBean

Re: Colegio Anglo Colombiano, Bogota

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="BobbyBamboo"]Does anybody know anything about this school? There's no reviews on the paid side and doesn't seem to have been mentioned in a forum search.[/quote]

I would like to know about this school also if you have worked here.

Thank you.
sangster2

Post by sangster2 »

Colombia is a cool place to live in. I lived in a different city a few years back and liked it. Many people who I worked with moved on to the Anglo in Bogota. Colombia is very cheap and now it is a lot safer than it was before.

Psy guy, which country do you think has the prettiest girls in S/C then?
CaliPro

Post by CaliPro »

Psy. Why would you not want to live in Colombia? Beautiful women. Relatively cheap. Medellin is one of the best cities in the world. The people are some of the friendliest I ever been around. And they know how to . and have a good time. It has changed drastically over the years. So long as you use common sense its unlikely you will encounter any problems. Heck I do dumb stuff when I travel, and I have been to some pretty dangerous places in S/C America and never had any problems.

Brazil / Colombia / Argentina all have stunning women. Only issue with the Argentinas is they dont have the curves that the other two countries have.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="CaliPro"]Psy. Why would you not want to live in Colombia? Beautiful women. Relatively cheap. Medellin is one of the best cities in the world. The people are some of the friendliest I ever been around. And they know how to . and have a good time. It has changed drastically over the years. So long as you use common sense its unlikely you will encounter any problems. Heck I do dumb stuff when I travel, and I have been to some pretty dangerous places in S/C America and never had any problems.

Brazil / Colombia / Argentina all have stunning women. Only issue with the Argentinas is they dont have the curves that the other two countries have.[/quote]

I asked about the school! Not the women and the curves they have. We are talking about work not a dating site!
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

"I asked about the school! Not the women and the curves they have. We are talking about work not a dating site!"

Settle down. It's valid information for some of us. As somebody stuck in the bowels of America right now, that could be a major factor for why to go somewhere. I'm sure if anybody has information on the school itself, they will post it. We're also not just talking about work. We're talking about a place to move to and take your life to for at least two years. There's a lot more to that decision than where you grade papers.
Last edited by antitravolta on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="antitravolta"]"I asked about the school! Not the women and the curves they have. We are talking about work not a dating site!"

Settle down. It's valid information for some of us. As somebody stuck in the bowels of America right now, that could be a major factor for why to go somewhere. I'm sure if anybody has information on the school itself, they will post it.[/quote]

Ok great then the primary reason to go somewhere will be the consideration of a woman's curves as opposed to the job and what it has to offer. Just wow!
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

Not the primary reason...a reason. I never said it was the primary reason. It can be a good tiebreaker...sorry if that offends you, but being single and having a better dating pool is a plus. Going somewhere with a bad dating scene would be a deal-breaker for many on this forum...nothing to get upset about. Like I said, if somebody has more info on that specific school, they'll post it.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="antitravolta"]Not the primary reason...a reason. I never said it was the primary reason. It can be a good tiebreaker...sorry if that offends you, but being single and having a better dating pool is a plus. Going somewhere with a bad dating scene would be a deal-breaker for many on this forum...nothing to get upset about. Like I said, if somebody has more info on that specific school, they'll post it.[/quote]

I am not in the least bit upset. I just posted a question and the answers in response are about women and their curves. I am sure many women would be offended at that type of response which in my humble opinion is better offline dish and not in mixed company. We are all have our reasons and deal breakers/tie breakers for where ever we have offers to each his own.
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

Fair enough. Valid points. I'm not taking part in the conversation, but I won't lie that I am interested. I don't think it crossed any lines, but I can see your points.
CaliPro

Post by CaliPro »

I don't know about you guys but I have been to Colombia on a trip and fell in love with the country's people and culture.

As a young single guy am not in the least bit ashamed to admit I am moving to Colombia specifically for the women, music,dancing, and overall fun culture that is has to offer. My quality / enjoyment of life will be at its highest peak.
PsyGuy

Wow

Post by PsyGuy »

For once I didn't have to defend the "life isn't just about the school" position.

@sangster

Brazil, hands down, don't even need to think about it. They have the most beautiful woman in the world.

Wy wouldn't I go to Columbia, because Brazil is right next door and so much better. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dumping on Colombian woman at all, second place is nothing to be ashamed of, it's just after 1st place.