middle east schools

maktoob

middle east schools

Post by maktoob »

Greetings..I need advice regarding a good Mid-east international school (to work for and have my son enrolled). Our second language is Arabic, so i would prefer that type of environment. Or, does anyone recommend a good school in another region that has an arabic speaking miniority?

Best Regards!!!!!!
IrishArab

Middle Eastern International School

Post by IrishArab »

Hi Maktoob,

Where in the Middle East do you plan on moving? Lebanon? UAE? Please elaborate and I will try to help you. There are MANY International Schools in the Middle East that could accomodate you and your son.
maktoob

middle east schools

Post by maktoob »

Thanks for your help IrishArab!

Ultimately, I would like to land a position for English/ESOL in Jordan, (American Community school) perhaps anywhere else in Jordan, Syria Egypt, Libya, Tunis..etc. I would like to avoid the khaleej area, as I have taught gulf kids before. I am not impressed by the wealth or unproven schools in that particular region.
Basically, just the regions aforesaid that have alot of history and good spirit of the people.

Much obliged!!
Maktoob
Nomad68

Libya

Post by Nomad68 »

Am in Benghazi Libya (2013) - still dangerous for expats and a very rough teaching/living situation. Best avoided in my opinion. It will get worse before it ever gets better IMHO
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

Are you qualified teacher? Where did you qualify? What is your teaching history?

There's no shortage of local international schools (international curriculum / local kids) in Egypt, but you would need to be qualified for most.

What's your background?

Nomad, Benghazi? Blimey. At work, we all had a bit of a laugh at the Benghazi ad that came out a few weeks ago, as we pondered, "who on earth would...........?" I guess now we know.
Nomad68

Benghazi, Libya

Post by Nomad68 »

Libya was not my first choice - it was my only option. There has been more violence and killings - a bomb attack on police in Benghazi a week ago. Expats are few are far between and we keep a very low profile. This is an exit visa country so keep that in mind as it is not that easy to get out in a hurry. Salaries are better than Egypt but many schools seem to have a problem paying on time! Libya is not a place for single women, those with families or newbies. Most teachers I know here who are not married to locals are here from lack of other opportunities, or have burnt too many bridges, or are close to retirement.