Admin opportunities and RN spouse

splendid

Admin opportunities and RN spouse

Post by splendid »

I am a currently a middle school teacher and English Dept Head in an independent school in the US. I have a Masters in Education as well as a certificate in Admin. I am interested in seeking international teaching or admin opportunities. Would international schools hire administrators with these qualifications? I would be traveling with 2 children (middle school and high school ) and my wife, who is a pediatric R.N.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Welcome to the forum. Can you teach/qualified in upper secondary (High School)? How many years experience do you have? Do you have any Admin experience?

Assuming your not, you'll have a very hard time finding an IT position, schools want teachers who can teach 6-12 in secondary. You also don't have any IB/AP experience either. Lastly, you have a training spouse and 2 kids, which makes you a prohibitively expensive hire, especially just for a middle school teacher. It's a non starter really, you'd have a very frustrating experience.

If you have some admin experience and your willing to start out as a coordinator or assistant principal at a third tier school in Asia, maybe lower 2nd tier in the ME, then the family logistics become less of an issue.