Xi'an Hi Tech Intl School - any info?

Neptune

Xi'an Hi Tech Intl School - any info?

Post by Neptune »

Hi all,
I've looked up the reviews and there is a bit but nothing recent. What do you know about this school, management, package etc. pls.
Thank you :?:
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Third tier school, its really a local school, with local students. Admins are pretty old school, management types. The package isn't anything special, pretty low overall. It's barely a step up from a language school. No real PD, students work hard, but they aren't international or the brightest. Parents have a lot of influence, and students and parents expect high grades, whether they earn them or not. When there's a compliant your told that the problem is a language expression issue, and not with the students understanding of the material, then the grade changes. There's no after school or additional expectations really, except for an at attempt at English corner at the start of the year. As long as no ones complains your going to be left alone. Do the bobble head and your find
It s the kind of school where you go to school, teach your lessons, collect your pay and go home. Newbies who can't do better and he desperate teach here, its a revolving door.
Global777

Post by Global777 »

Is it a good starting place for someone new to the international school scene?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Depends what your background and resume is now? If your inexperienced and an entry level teacher it could be okay. If your an experienced educator, you can do better, and Id pass.
Global777

reply re: experience

Post by Global777 »

I'm an experienced admin, but not in IB or in int. schools. I notice they are working toward being an IB school, so I was wondering if it would be a good place to get experience at both as an admin.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

How much experience do you have as an admin in what capacity? Typically, the standard is you can move up one level, meaning you can move up one tier, move from a less desirable region to a more desirable region, or move up one rank in title/position.
This is a third tier school in a non Capitol city in China, so if you are an AP and they are offering you a principal position or HOS, then I'd consider (but understand you will be inheriting a ship in trouble, not one that's just cruising). If its for any position less then a step up, then you could do better with a second tier school in an equivalent position that your in now.
Global777

Post by Global777 »

Thanks, Psyguy. I'll keep looking. I'd rather be closer to Shanghai anyway.