Aramco Schools Compound

hallier

Post by hallier »

[quote="expatteacher99"]I was in touch with them for about a week or two after my second interview before I was officially offered a job. I have heard from colleagues that it took anywhere from a couple days to a couple months. Aramco is a big company, and it's not as simple as one person just deciding they want to hire you. Things can take a long time. Best of luck to you![/quote]

Hey there:)

Any chance you can send me those details of the package. My email is jakarta200887@yahoo.com.
gbr1964

Post by gbr1964 »

@nkraai

i was referring to the spelling of your id...I botched it pretty badly in one of my posts!
expatteacher99

Post by expatteacher99 »

Hallier, I can, but where are you from? That makes a slight difference in the benefits.
hallier

Post by hallier »

Usa.

Thx:)
gbr1964

interview

Post by gbr1964 »

@nkraii
have you heard any more about position at Aramco? Just wondering if anyone else had heard back from them or not. In my interview they stated that they were expecting to hire a large number of people this year so it might be a while before they know how many hires they will make in schools. How about you? Any news?
nkraai

Re: interview

Post by nkraai »

Sorry that I didn't share what happened. We had cold contact from one of the principals and interviewed via Skype. The interview went really well as far as we were concerned. He told us to e-mail with additional questions, which we did. His responses were always professional and honest. Then about a week later, we got an e-mail saying that they were no longer interested. This was all back in late November. So, I don't have any additional information as far as how many hires, openings, etc. I walked away very impressed with the school, the organization, and especially the honesty of the principal on the realities of living in the middle of the desert in SA. We are headed to a fantastic school in the ME and very excited about it.

[quote="gbr1964"]@nkraii
have you heard any more about position at Aramco? Just wondering if anyone else had heard back from them or not. In my interview they stated that they were expecting to hire a large number of people this year so it might be a while before they know how many hires they will make in schools. How about you? Any news?[/quote]
gbr1964

Thx

Post by gbr1964 »

@nkraai
Thx for response and congrats on job...we are still hopeful for Aramco. We applied to a few other schools but nothing so far. Do you mind sharing where you are heading? We are only applying to schools we really want to go to as we are in a position that if we get it great and if we don't we are okay with that as well. Thanks again and best wishes on your next stop.
nkraai

Re: Thx

Post by nkraai »

Yeah, my wife and I were in the same boat. We have good jobs here in the states, and were not going to settle just to move abroad. We wanted to be picky. We didn't want to go somewhere with a young family where our jobs would be our lives. We turned down jobs in many of the Asian countries, elite and tier 1 schools, because they seemed like work would be our lives. So we are headed to a school and country in the old ME, not a Gulf country with seasons (snow sometimes), moderate weather, and one of the seven wonders of the world! Good luck with your job search.

[quote="gbr1964"]@nkraai
Thx for response and congrats on job...we are still hopeful for Aramco. We applied to a few other schools but nothing so far. Do you mind sharing where you are heading? We are only applying to schools we really want to go to as we are in a position that if we get it great and if we don't we are okay with that as well. Thanks again and best wishes on your next stop.[/quote]
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Following this thread and just wondering where everyone ended up. I saw Aramco posted on SA.
carlflanders

Post by carlflanders »

If you get an offer at Aramco, take it. You are not in a prison, you can afford a nice car and drive all over the Middle East. Camping, trips to Bahrain, Oman, U.A.E., diving, etc... With their salary you can also jump on a plane with regularity and be a dozen exotic places in 3-6 hours.
The school system itself is outstanding with bright, forward leaning leadership and supportive families. School terminates after 9th grade.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

That's great! I was under the impression that women couldn't drive. Maybe it only applies to Saudi women?
Teachermama

Post by Teachermama »

From what I just read on an aramcon blog, women can't drive, but you could get a nice car and someone else could drive it!
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

No women are allowed to drive off the compound. A friend moved to teach outside of Riyadh and is driving all over the compound, which she says is like a small city. The company that owns the school also provides a shuttle to take women into Riyadh for additional R&R.
expatteacher99

Post by expatteacher99 »

All women, Saudi or expat, can drive on the Aramco compounds.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Oh...I'm envisioning Truman Show...