Aramco Schools Compound

PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

PLEASE, HOH/husband/male, a rose by any other name, you know the rest of the quote. The male is by law defined as the head of household, even if the woman is the one employed and the man is not. You can call a duck an apple, but its still a duck. What you call something doesnt change what it is. Its still the man in the house getting paid more for the same job, because hes not just "a" man but "the" man.

"It is what it is",well i guess since we have a cliché for it, it most be okay.
expatteacher99

Post by expatteacher99 »

Thank you for yet again choosing to ingore the questions pertaining to your personal experiences (or lack thereof) in Saudi Arabia and with Aramco. :-)
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Get use to disappointment...
expatteacher99

Post by expatteacher99 »

"It is what it is",well i guess since we have a cliché for it, it most be okay.

P.S. I never said it was okay. My exact words included "unfair" and "sexist."
expatteacher99

Re: Comment

Post by expatteacher99 »

"Get use to disappointment..."

It's ok. Everyone on these forums already knows the answer. :-)
nkraai

Re: Comment

Post by nkraai »

@expatteacher99 Thanks for the clarification on the pay issue. I am glad to hear it is more complicated than simply women getting paid less.

As far as what I said, I was simply repeating the words verbatim from the principal in stating that women get paid less.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Your words also included "it is what it is" thats why I used quotes.

Its not more complicated actually, men get paid more then woman, because theyre men. The complication and explanation of it is just smoke and mirrors.
hallier

Post by hallier »

expatteacher99

My email is jakarta200887@yahoo.com

Would be great to get that information.

Cheers:)
gbr1964

salary

Post by gbr1964 »

Expatteacher:

Thanks so much for all of your insights. We are very excited about the possibility of working at Aramco. I would greatly appreciate any insights you might be able to offer on how to package ourselves for the interview in January. If you would be willing to email us it would alleviate some of our jitters. My email: gbr1964@aol.com. Thanks again for all you have contributed thus far.
gbr1964

interview

Post by gbr1964 »

My wife and I just got home from our interview with Aramco and we are hopeful for our chances. The experience was completely relaxed and they did a great job of putting you at ease and explaining many of the details of living and working in Saudi Arabia. It was a positive experience all around and we are now waiting to see what comes from the interview.
It was pretty much what we expected based on the great info posted here by others such as expatteacher99 and nareki(spelling?). So thanks to all of you for your information.
gbr1964

oops

Post by gbr1964 »

sorry nkraii...didn't even come close. Thanks for your input on the forum.
expatteacher99

Post by expatteacher99 »

First of all gbr1964, congrats on your positive interview! I am very sorry for not getting back to you. The forums once again stopped sending me notifications of new messages, and I don't always check the website frequently. I am glad to hear that it went well. Let me know if you get the job. You will have a million questions about the paperwork, what to bring, etc. :D
gbr1964

Aramco

Post by gbr1964 »

@expat
We will let you know for sure. We are very excited at the prospect and keeping fingers crossed. Hope we will be calling on you for advice on move! Do you happen to remember how long it took for them to get back to you after interview? The waiting is killing us already... :roll: thanks again!
expatteacher99

Post by expatteacher99 »

I was in touch with them for about a week or two after my second interview before I was officially offered a job. I have heard from colleagues that it took anywhere from a couple days to a couple months. Aramco is a big company, and it's not as simple as one person just deciding they want to hire you. Things can take a long time. Best of luck to you!
nkraai

Re: oops

Post by nkraai »

[quote="gbr1964"]sorry nkraii...didn't even come close. Thanks for your input on the forum.[/quote]

Not sure what you are talking about when you say "didn't even come close?"

Good luck with the interviewing!