Job Openings

nkraai

Job Openings

Post by nkraai »

I am noticing that job openings are beginning to filter in for the 2013-2014 school year. Is this purely a way for schools to build a candidate base for upcoming fairs, or is this a more legitimate way for schools to hire early via Skype? My wife and I have already been invited to Search Cambridge, but are wondering if we should be applying directly for some of these openings instead of waiting for the fair.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Definitely start applying as you see openings you're qualified for.
PsyGuy

Advice

Post by PsyGuy »

You should apply to whatever posted vacancies interest you. Many people get hired well before the fairs. Even if the school is building a candidate pool, if you want the job, you want to be in that pool. There is really no benefit to waiting on your application, unless some future event will make your application significantly more marketable.
micki0624

Post by micki0624 »

I just got my SEARCH acct. activated (references were the longest!) and was wondering how do you "apply?"

I see an "email this school" button and the jobs listed below. Some of the jobs say to apply directly on their website but some do not.

Is there an actual apply button? Or do you just send your cover letter via the email button?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

The "email this school" button is the apply button. It will open up a new window/tab where you can basically write an email. Typically you copy and paste the position you are applying for in the subject line and copy and paste your cover letter or introduction in the message body.
You can also copy and paste the contact email from block one in the schools profile into your email program, and send them an email separately (this is used to attach documents , etc).

Some schools, and more every year have their own application you need to go to their website to either download or complete online. If you send these schools an email, your likely to get an automated reply directing you to their website to complete an application.

There is no "one click" apply to this school, like you find on other job sites.