QSI non-teaching spouse

coffeetoe

QSI non-teaching spouse

Post by coffeetoe »

Does QSI hire married couples when one is a non-teaching spouse?
heyteach

Re: QSI non-teaching spouse

Post by heyteach »

What sort of work do you think they would hire the non-teaching spouse to do? Cafeteria? Classroom assistant?

They would hire the teacher, not the couple.
koda

Post by koda »

at the QSI school I work at, we have two married couples where only one of the couple teaches at the school. The other two are stay-at-home spouses. However, they are hired as a teacher with a trailing spouse- so only 1 salary, etc not two. (Which makes sense, as only 1 of them is working).
coffeetoe

QUI

Post by coffeetoe »

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for any confusion.

@ heyteach My wife in not a teacher and I'm just wondering if they would hire me knowing that we are not a teaching couple. I'm not expecting her to work at all, at least for the first year or so as we have a three year old child.

I'm just trying to clarify what I read on a post here about QSI only hiring teaching couples.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

OK, in that case, yes, a friend with a non-teaching spouse was hired at QSI in Bratislava.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

They do hire teachers with trailing spouses, but they have a STRONG preference to hire teaching couples. Its a cost/expense issue really, they would look at teaching couples first, and then singles, and then trailing couples, but thats they way many if not all schools approach recruiting. It doesnt hurt to apply though, and if they are really your only option, and your prepared to wait, you might get lucky.