Part time/no time

Autumn

Part time/no time

Post by Autumn »

Hello,
My husband and I have 2 children, a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We are gearing up for our next move either for the 2013-14 or 2014-15 academic year. We would like for me to be at home with the kids as much as possible until they are school aged. Any chances of my husband landing a job with me as a part timer/or no timer with family benefits (housing, health, airfare)? My husband has 1o (8 overseas) years teaching experience in middle/high in MYP Math, AP/MYP Science and PE. I have a BS in Ed and an MS in Youth Development with 12 years teaching experience (PYP/MYP) (8 overseas). I know it is a long shot, just putting it out there.
PsyGuy

Well

Post by PsyGuy »

Of course there is a chance but 1 teacher, and three dependent a is a very expensive and hard sell. Many exceptional teachers have been frustrated with a similar situation. Your going to hear a lot of "we're waiting". Now if you go full time, it changes everything and you become a marketable teaching couple.

The problem with part time s that you want full time benefits and only part time work. In that case the school still has to hire someone else to teach the other half of your load.
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

Since your husband is math and science, QSI might hire you if you agree to work part-time. There's a teaching couple at my school with three young children and the mother works part-time, while the father works a full schedule.
DCgirl

Post by DCgirl »

Look at the ESF schools in Hong Kong. I think they would meet all of your criteria.