Maternity leave

Kali

Maternity leave

Post by Kali »

As my contract renewal time is coming up I am going over my contract and began looking at the maternity clause.

The director is keen to have more families at the school, so as to bring stability to the ever changing staff.

While kids are not in the imminent future, it would be good to know what other schools offer in terms of maternity leave.

My contract states I would get one month month off paid, a second month off at 1/2 salary and a third month off at no pay.

What does maternity leave look like for you at your current school?
overseasvet2

materinity leave

Post by overseasvet2 »

70 days as per local laws -- this is 70 continuous days - not work days
PsyGuy

Maternity Leave

Post by PsyGuy »

At my school in Denmark you got a year (3 months at 100%, 9 at 80%) and in Italy it was 10 months (1 at 100%, 3 at 80% 6 at 30% pay). In China you got a month (10 days paid at 100%, 20 days unpaid).
Im currently at a DoDDS school, you can use your sick leave, annual leave, educator leave (which are all paid) or take leave without pay for up to a year, though you dont earn step credit if more then 6 months.
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

Maternity leave for the remainder of the year if you have the baby during the school year. One year maternity leave at no pay, but full benefits, followed by one year of part-time work at 77% pay. Or you can take two years of PT at 77% in lieu of the one year maternity leave.
mysharona

Post by mysharona »

10 continuous weeks, woe to those that have a baby right before Christmas and then a possible 4 week extension.
wntriscoming

Post by wntriscoming »

Last school: 2 months paid, but only after working there for 3 years. Otherwise no paid leave. Can arrange with the school for up to 6 months of unpaid leave. 100% covered medically by insurance.

Current school: 10 weeks paid, INCLUSIVE of holiday breaks, so if you want leave, don't have that baby in the summer! Can arrange with the school for up to 6 months of leave. Insurance covers $10,000, but only at certain hospitals (best ones in the city are only covered at 80%, so expect a high bill, cause no hospital is only $10,000 for delivery, let alone the good hospitals!...ugh).
Autumn

QSI

Post by Autumn »

QSI Maternity: 1st year after the baby is born you choose- no work, half time or full time. 2nd year-you choose-half time or full time. You are not paid for maternity time off however if you are on a family package you receive full benefits-family housing, annual airfare and insurance. It rocks in my opinion.