Dutch International Schools

Eric

Dutch International Schools

Post by Eric »

I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience or knowledge about working in the 'international' section of a public/state Dutch school.

It seems many Dutch schools have these smaller international schools connected to them (for example Intl Sch of Almere, Arnhem Intl Sch, etc)and I'm wondering how similar (or dissimilar) the working conditions or atmosphere is to a regular international school. Do they offer your typical expat packages (a flight at least?) or are you essentially working as a 'local hire'? I've checked out the specific websites and there isn't much information given in any vacancies in terms of the hiring of foreign teachers.

Thanks very much for any information.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Its a lot like working at a small international school, manyof them use an international curriculum, such as IB, which is contorted to meet the national curriculum requirements. They are more popular in middle school grades, since the preference is to go to Gymnaseum for upper secondary (10-12 grade).

The package is very much a local hire compensation package, with the addition of airfare. You get the same national health care as everyone, like the rest of WE there is no housing package, and the salaries are all very standardized. You can expect a week or so s in a business hotel, as temporary housing.