What to Expect for Interview Questions?

Regretzky

What to Expect for Interview Questions?

Post by Regretzky »

A friend of mine was hired to work in Indonesia a few years ago and says his interview was really just a long discussion about his golf game. (I guess the director needed a 4th for his weekly golf group!) I doubt this is common practice, but it's been a long time since I've interviewed for a job, and my last job interview was really informal so my question is....What should I expect in an international school interview at a job fair? Are they usually informal, formal, or all over the map?

Thanks in advance!
overseasvet2

interview ?'s

Post by overseasvet2 »

All over the map - we've been asked our birth order, if we play golf and once in a while about our teaching.
Regretzky

Awesome, thanks!

Post by Regretzky »

Awesome, thanks! My brother was hired for a technology position in Spain a decade ago. He says the interview questions were something along the lines of "Can you teach Word? (Yes) Excel? (Yes) Databases? (Yes...a stretch, but yes) You're hired!"

In reality they really wanted his wife to teach there and anything additional that he could offer was a plus. From his perspective the persons doing the hiring care more about how fun the people are that they will be stuck with for the next 2 years than how well they teach any given subject. Anyone else have similar stories or thoughts? Could this be true?