ISS letter of recs

Scoffs

ISS letter of recs

Post by Scoffs »

I've now been teaching for 15 years overseas and have a few years experience in the US. I have used ISS every time I recruited. This means my confidential letter of recommendations in my ISS file is from over 15 years ago. While I'm 100% sure they were positive, they were written by my supervisors when I just started teaching. I just submitted non-confidential letters from my prinicipals every time I recruited in future years.

Do you think this makes a difference? (having my "beginning teacher" recommendations on file when I recruit). Is there a way to have ISS delete letters of recommendations from many years ago?
PsyGuy

Sure

Post by PsyGuy »

Sure ISS 'can' delete them, the question is will they? I dont think they would, but you can add more recent updated confidential references. It doesnt seem to have been a problem for you in the past, so i dont see how it would be a problem for you in the future. Letters aside, any head/recruiter is going to contact the last school on your resume anyway. Id contact ISS directly, they are really the best ones to ask, since what we say on this forum doesnt really matter when it comes to what ISS will or wont do.