TIE Questions

SocialStudies95

TIE Questions

Post by SocialStudies95 »

When filling out the "resume" section on TIE you can add confidential recommendations and a video.

I recently had my references fill out my Search Associates confidential references and with the advent of the new school year I'd hate to impose on them again so soon after the last time. Anyone know if it would be much of a detriment to not have them added?

What's the video about? I haven't seen anything on it. Do we just film ourselves on whatever we decide to do? Anyone have any feedback either way?
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

I don't use the resume portion of TIE. You don't have to include the references t ohave an active profile, but if you don't do the references, schools will just request you send them copies directly, along with your reference contact info. It may be easier in the long run to impose on them once, then multiple times in the future.

Your video should be a teaching demonstration. Avoid interview type introductions. Schools will insist on a video Skype interview if not an in person interview (such as at a fair).
SocialStudies95

Re: Comment

Post by SocialStudies95 »

[quote="PsyGuy"]I don't use the resume portion of TIE. You don't have to include the references t ohave an active profile, but if you don't do the references, schools will just request you send them copies directly, along with your reference contact info. It may be easier in the long run to impose on them once, then multiple times in the future.

Your video should be a teaching demonstration. Avoid interview type introductions. Schools will insist on a video Skype interview if not an in person interview (such as at a fair).[/quote]

Thanks for the info PsyGuy!