Best IT Distance Professional Development for teachers?

Open Communication

Best IT Distance Professional Development for teachers?

Post by Open Communication »

edited.
Last edited by Open Communication on Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsyGuy

Humm

Post by PsyGuy »

Since its only IT, I would look into the variety of Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, etc web seminars and workshops (some of which lead to a variety of certifications).
For me I like Apple, because they tend to have a better developed K-12 program. Another option is to find out what educational software your school uses, and hitting their sites to see what online training courses or seminars they offer. The hard part though is getting a certificate from them.

Lastly, I set up an in-house PD program using iTunes U. I got the idea from several schools on the IS circuit that are using iTunes U as part of a PD/CE program. My program was an attendance/completion (as opposed to an assessment/completion) program. I scheduled several courses throughout the year, where teachers and staff could attend and watch the web seminars as a group. Teachers signed in, and those who attended all sessions received a certificate, worth X amount of PD hours.
Open Communication

Post by Open Communication »

edited.
Last edited by Open Communication on Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsyGuy

WOW

Post by PsyGuy »

You want free too? There is no pleasing some people. (:

Apple doesnt give anything away anymore. The hard part really isnt getting PD training its getting it free, and with an acceptable certificate/documentation of hours.