Metropolitan School Frankfurt

centennial95

Metropolitan School Frankfurt

Post by centennial95 »

Anybody know anything about the school? Reputation, teacher pay?
PsyGuy

Well

Post by PsyGuy »

One of our teachs worked there, and he had nothing to but bad things to say about the school, specifically the administration, but from what I've heard they seem to revolve around personality conflicts and minor differences in taxes. Mainly, that the tuition waivers were taxed.
centennial95

Post by centennial95 »

Thanks PsyGuy. That's strange though, because my understanding is that the free tuition for dependents is always a taxable benefit in Germany... I know Frankfurt International School talks about it in their teacher handbook...
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

Yeah but your not supposed to pay taxes on the first 6 months of your income until you meet your residency period. His though was that he shouldn't have to pay the tax on the tuition, because tuition is assessed at the beginning of the term which was month 1 and month 5. Even then his argument that he should only half to pay tax on half of it, since he wasn't resident until half way in the year.

Of course what he doesn't realize is that the school has to collect the taxes the government orders/ requires. The school wasn't going to absorb the substantial cost of those taxes, which were a months salary.