American College of Education, wondering...

Open Communication

American College of Education, wondering...

Post by Open Communication »

edited.
Last edited by Open Communication on Thu May 30, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JISAlum

Post by JISAlum »

Depends on why you enrolled. I needed to get a Type 75 Admin Cert. I went to ACE and the state I teach in accepted it. I didn't get my job based on the school's reputation and have extensive experience and a track record of success in what I do. I needed to punch a ticket to move on. For me it worked. No one will hire me based on the degree granting institution, rather my references, letters of recommendation and experience.
PsyGuy

Not Really

Post by PsyGuy »

Unless your getting a degree at a really prestigious school, where your degree from isnt very important. Your almost done, it would be more a mistake not finishing. If you coupled this with getting some type of admin certificate, it wont really matter. Whats going to matter most is your experience you gain AFTER your degree. You may have to put a couple years in the middle east but do well, and bigger and better doors will open.
Open Communication

edited.
Last edited by Open Communication on Thu May 30, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsyGuy

Well

Post by PsyGuy »

I really miss the classroom actually, I've only been a junior admin for a year, and they say the classroom longings disappear after a couple more years. I often find myself only interacting with students and parents as an authority figure, not a mentor, or anything resembling a teacher.
lightstays

Post by lightstays »

Does a place called the American College of Education sound like a quality institution to you????!!!!
Open Communication

edited.