ISS not going to Boston in 2013

PsyGuy

Sigh

Post by PsyGuy »

No Im the consistent one, your the one that keeps changing your speculation. This is the point in these posts where you know your wrong, and your just giving up with a couple of personal attacks.

ISS was the only game in town before Search. ISS and UNI dont compete with each other. There could be 600 or 6000 attendees to the UNI fair, it doesnt matter because they dont serve the same candidates. UNI is a UNIVERSITY job fair, a single event once a year, and it serves the generally inexperienced market. The ISS fairs are for experienced professionals, they compliment each other. ISS will even point candidates that they wont accept to the UNI fair, since ISS knows if they accepted a candidate that isnt going to appeal to their school clients, it will just frustrate the teacher. They would rather point the teacher in the direction of an event they can be successful at and then in a few years when that teacher is prepared, they have a relationship established with that teacher already when they "graduate up" to ISS.

Your rational that if recruiters dont attend candidates wont either is like saying there would be no society without moms. There would be no society without dads either. If candidates dont attend the fair, recruiters dont either. If MORE candidates are predicted to attend a fair, then that motivates recruiters to attend.

You really dont know what your talking about, ISS and none of the agencies make whimsical decisions. This isnt a school yard of 11 year olds daring each other to do anything, or a couple of high school princess with egos to flex. These are businesses, they dont make business decisions out of pride. ISSs decision was a strategic one and it worked, it was everything about putting Search in a position that was going to define their reputation, with the result of causing tension. Its not enough to just say were allies and their the enemy they have to SHOW it.

Their is a lot of misinformation and it comes from admins like you, who want to perpetuate fear, and disinformation and your the one with the vanity posts. Your just a PsyGuy naysayer, who only posts in response to my posts. Your posts are just wild speculation and storytelling.
WeDoDude

Post by WeDoDude »

Walter, interesting reads. I value your insights, as do others. You clearly sound like a knowledgable source that has research and first hand knowledge on his side. Thank you for shaing with us.
Walter

Dave Psyguy

Post by Walter »

You are quite correct in one point. You are consistent - consistently wrong.
Let me make it simple for you. Do you still maintain that ISS has yet to decide whether to hold a Boston fair as you maintained in your first post? Let me give you two clues. 1) At the end of the Bston fair last year, the organizer said "See you in San Fran next year. 2) In order to get a conference hotel in one of the big cities you are looking at an advance notice of 18-24 months, so the idea that ISS is still making up its mind is ridiculous.
Do you still maintain that ISS waits for SEARCH to decide when it is holding its Boston fair before calendaring its own? If so you really know absolutely zero about the whole history of recruiting - and the fact that ISS works with AAIE to make sure that both their confences run consecutively.
Just focus on these two points instead of rambling attacks.
And yes, I do tend to respond to your silly comments - at least the ones that are pertinent to the profession. I began last February in response to your inanities about the ISS fair in Boston and have continued when you blurt out more nonsense in regard to something that is very important to many people. You may have noticed that I do not respond to your pages about the best way to import ferrets into Bratislava and other such drivel, because I don't really care about such subjects.
For the discerning reader, you clearly have no credibili at all, but I am worried about less experienced readers of these pages, who may believe that you actually know what you are talking about.