Canadian International School, Abu Dhabi

IAMBOG

Canadian International School, Abu Dhabi

Post by IAMBOG »

Any thoughts for a teacher with only a couple of years experience?

Location, package, school life, housing, life for a family with young kids? I can't find much info.
Eric

Post by Eric »

I've researched quite a bit about this school as I was interested a while back... it's a fairly new school. Canadian (Alberta) curriculum.

If you're a new teacher, might be a decent place to start, especially if you're wanting to work in the Middle East region.

Location: located quite far from downtown in the new developments outside of Abu Dhabi (Khalifa B?) . Approx a 30-40 minute drive to downtown. You need to buy a car there- not much in the way of public transport.

package: free housing (apartments), utilities, flight, one year contract, basic health care (I would ask carefully about this)

school life: heard the staff is friendly with a mix of singles and family/married folk.

housing: school owned apartments. From what I've found out, some are located near the school, so way out in the sticks in the middle of nowhere.

life for a family with young kids: can't help you there. You spend alot of time indoors in air-conditioned places- malls, etc.