Drivers license & address

sapphire

Get Youself a Trustworthy POA

Post by sapphire »

I agree. My dad has my POA and it has saved me a lot of headaches.
teacher4429

Post by teacher4429 »

Before we moved overseas, we set up an account with Virtual Post Mail. [url]http://www.virtualpostmail.com/[/url] I highly recommend them.

We had our mail from our last US address forwarded here and then changed all of our credit cards, banks, mortgage, etc to this address. No matter where we live in the world, we'll never have to change our address again (as long as this company is still in business.)

They scan the outside of each piece of mail and then send us an email. We can then decide to forward that mail to any address, trash it, or open the mail and scan the contents. For example, when I received a new credit card, I forwarded it to my sister and then I'll get it from her when I see her this summer. There's a monthly fee for the service, but I've found our plan to be quite reasonable, about $20. Well-worth it, IMHO. Also, it's not a PO Box, which is a plus.
PsyGuy

So

Post by PsyGuy »

Im having a hard time seeing the value to that. The USPS will already forward first class mail for free, an all you have to do is submit an address change, and it doesnt ost $240 a year. Even the USPS ha a premium forwarding service that is $180 a year. So what's really the bennifits go this service?
teacher4429

Post by teacher4429 »

For me, the value is that we will never have to change our address again as we plan to stay overseas for a long time. Plus, the US postal service only forwards for 6 months. In addition, I can decide where to forward my mail to - each piece can go to a different recipient if I choose. Not to mention that I don't have to rely on relative at home unless I choose to send them something. Even though I'm far from the US, I have a pdf file of each piece of mail that I receive and can choose to open it or not. If I open it, I also have a pdf file of the contents which is very handy for me. I like the flexibility and options that come with this plan.

I posted this to help other teachers who are considering their mail options. It's just that, one option. Maybe it's not for everyone, but for me, $240 a year is well-worth the convenience of not having to worry about my US mail ever again. Then again, I'm at a well-paying school where I can afford these sorts of things if I so desire.
PsyGuy

Thank you

Post by PsyGuy »

My apologies, the more options presented on this forum, the better informed the reader. While not my type of thing, I can understand the value of convenience.