working in Myanmar

francofox

working in Myanmar

Post by francofox »

I have recently been offered a job in Myanmar at Network school. Some things dont seem quite right can anyone give me ANY information about Network. i am expected to fund flights accommodation and to work from 7 am to 4 pm daily. Any comments would be welcome thanks
PsyGuy

Sorry

Post by PsyGuy »

They are a third tier school. Local students, and they dont offer real international teacher packages. Lots of unhappy people with the school. They basically dont want to invest any money in someone who may very well leave. Unless your desperate I would pass.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Listen to your instincts, Francofox. If it doesn't feel right, don't try to rationalize it. That is indeed a terrible package, or non-package. They are treating you like a local hire.
francofox

teaching in Myanmar

Post by francofox »

thanks for comments. How do you know about network Psyguy? if you are teaching in Northern Europe?Hope your experience is good and thanks
PsyGuy

Reflection

Post by PsyGuy »

Well two sources in this case:
1) I have some (mostly summer) professional experiences that put me in many different places for a short period of time.
2) International teaching is a small group. Ive been on the international circuit for 8 years, and in that time Ive developed relationships with coworkers and other educators, which I can draw on as a resource. It doesnt take long for a particular schools reputation to be known.