American International School Dhaka

sapphire

American International School Dhaka

Post by sapphire »

Any updates on the status of this school?

http://www.internationalschoolsreview.c ... nchalk.htm
Glerky

Post by Glerky »

I have friends there. They have told me it is the same old same old in Dhaka... the school is good, the package is very good, the community is solid and small.

The issue is that you have to live in Dhaka. It is dirty, crowded, there is no infrastructure and the chances of having a solid BM are slim to none.

Going to India is their way of getting away from the poverty might help put some perspective on this.

It isn't for everyone but some LOVE it.

Good luck,

B
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Glerky,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Would it be possible for you to please ask your friends to post additional details and information about Dhaka?

Thanks,
Sapphire
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

[quote="Glerky"]
Going to India is their way of getting away from the poverty might help put some perspective on this.
[/quote]

Now that's something you don't hear everyday - wow.

I talked to them at a job fair last year and went to their school presentation. Not something I'd probably go for right now, but it might be an interesting experience down the line. As you might have guessed, the presentation focused on the school and the housing (which looked absolutely amazing) and didn't touch much on Dhaka itself - I assume they wanted to keep things positive. The guy presenting put a big emphasis on the cheap availability of household help to go into Dhaka for you for shopping, etc.
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Buffalofan -Thanks for getting back to me...