GEMS Schools

aridion

GEMS Schools

Post by aridion »

I have an interview for a GEMS academy in Dubai. The school is called GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis.

Does anyone know of the school. Salary? reputation of GEMS etc.

As this is my first international job I am quite nervous...

Thanks in advance.
gr8teach

Post by gr8teach »

I interview with GEMS a few years back. I know a little but not a lot. GEMS are for profit schools, however, that said their pay is usually quite competitive and their facilities are usually top notch. GEMS has schools throughout the world, mostly concentrated in the middle east but with some in Asia and Africa as well.GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis offers the National Curriculum of England.
I think GEMS would be a pretty good first post. Dubai is a very worldly city. It is expensive though so make sure you salary is competitive. Maybe some who is there now can contribute what a reasonable salary is in Dubai?
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

Silicone Oasis is a new school pretty far out of the city. I think a teacher without much experience and without any position of responsibility should start at around 12,000 aed a month. GEMS is an OK organization to work for. We have a friends at that school and he seems pretty happy.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

There is a precious thread that is very applicable to your inquiry:

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... php?t=2298
aridion

Post by aridion »

Thank you for the responses. I will have to ask what the salary is.