Aldar Academies - Al Mushrif

Cwlcymro

Aldar Academies - Al Mushrif

Post by Cwlcymro »

I've been offered an interview at Al Mushrif, an Aldar Acadamies school. Does anyone know much about it?

I'm aware that the school is new , only been opened one year so it's unlikely that there will be a lot of information about it but I guess info on the other Aldar schools will be of some use (or are they totally different?)
PsyGuy

Usually

Post by PsyGuy »

Usually you only hear about a school if its "bad", there are MANY schools that have been around a long time and there is nothing or very little written about them. A really new school (assuming its not just a bad school that changed its name or moved) if there isnt any criticism written about the school is probabley just a school still in transition and working things out. Many international teachers recognize the difference between a bad school and a new school (not that new schools cant be bad). Its very likely that whatever experiences happen over the course of a schools first year will be different (though not necessarily better) next year. Its like a new teacher fresh out of university, or a 1st year PYP teacher, that first year is pretty much a learning year. Your probably going to find information about the region and locality the most useful,
Cwlcymro

Post by Cwlcymro »

Thanks PsyGuy, that makes sense. As an Aldar Academy school it does have two sister schools in the city (Pearl and Al Yasmine) so I guess there will be similarities.

I'm likely to refuse the interview offer anyway as I have a job for 2013 so could only do it if they'd consider me for a one year contract.