Heathfield International School

Eric

Heathfield International School

Post by Eric »

Does anyone have any knowledge of this British-style school in Bangkok? I haven't been able to find much online and their website doesn't give any information regarding overseas hires or the staff currently there, for that matter. Any information about the school would be much appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.
Mr.Cake

Post by Mr.Cake »

I visited the school twice a few years ago to meet the headmaster and do a course there.

Small, rather out of the way (past the larger Ascot school) towards the ring road, just off a busy main road. Fine if you are driving a car. Even on a motorbike or taxi you would be heading out of from the centre, against the traffic.

Headmaster was friendly, can't say any more about him really. School facilities were OK. Salaries weren't great, 60K as I recall, which really is the lowest IS salary you would want to be accepting in BKK.

Sorry, that's all I can add...
inman

Post by inman »

This place sticks in my head a bit as I’ve known a few people who have worked there and I quite enjoyed a visit/ interview there a few years ago. It’s small, friendly, and had quite a nice feel about it. It is (or was then) definitely right down at the lower end of the scale regarding salary and benefits, but I understand that the teaching and learning that goes on is decent quality. It did have that feel around the place. The head master seemed like a decent guy. He gave me a nice tour of the place and was easy to talk to. I got the impression that as long as you’re not behind your desk all the time, and your books are marked then you’ll be pretty much left alone. I think though, that they will never hold on to their best staff for too long because the benefits just aren’t good enough, and if you’re going to work hard then you want to get better money for doing so. That’s why I didn’t accept, and in the end that’s why my friends left there. I don’t see it as a place for experienced international school teachers, but it may be would be a good place if you're starting out and need to get your foot in the door of international school teaching.
inman

Post by inman »

Congratulations to this school on recently becoming fully CIS accredited. Perhaps things are really looking up there.